Beijing, Seoul and Beyond December 2011


Asia – a great place to see healings and be healed!  I left for China and S. Korea emotionally and physically drained and wondering if my decision to go was a wise one.  Sadly, we had just buried my father and I found myself not only grieving but also battling severe vertigo.  The 12 hour flight to Beijing allowed me uninterrupted time to reflect on the life and loss of my earthly father, and also pray for stamina to handle the hectic schedule of the next three weeks! How could I have forgotten that His strength is made perfect in my weakness?

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  The New International Version. 2011 (2 Co 12:9)

My first five days were spent in Beijing at the 21st Century Korean Church, a thriving oasis for diplomats and foreigners and Koreans doing business in Beijing.

After a short flight to Seoul I met with a great group of graphic designers, writers, artists and producers. This was a change of pace and much fun as we dialogued about the tremendous opportunities available to them for Kingdom influence. It is always fun to get the creative juices going and these people had loads of vision!

The next morning I took a leisurely drive to the Retreat Centre near Iksan. What an incredibly peaceful place located in the middle of luxuriant farmland.  Every day I was treated to a steaming mug of hot orange tea, made with mandarin orange juice, rinds and honey – unbelievably delicious!!  The beautiful surroundings, the huge snowflakes, the fragrant teas and the passion of the people made a welcoming environment for Holy Spirit to visit, and He did!

I boarded another limo bus to Busan, a city in the south east of South Korea. Ninety percent of this city is built on mountains while the remainder of the land is beautiful beaches. For the next four days about 50 people participated in a ‘Beyond Freedom’ weekend – a ministry encounter involving teaching, prayer, deliverance, and healing. I was humbled at every meeting as the Lord was with us, performing healings, signs, wonders and miracles. Although numerous healings and miracles were witnessed,  the most memorable was that of a young woman who came up for prayer for what I understood to be sore gums, upset stomach, headaches and aching teeth. The night was late, I was still recovering from vertigo and my prayer was short.  However, Jesus saw the faith of a young woman who was in significant pain and in need of a root canal but afraid of going to the dentist and He answered!  On the way out, this young woman felt something happening in her mouth and she discovered a gold tooth in place of the decayed one!  The next day a very excited mother and daughter shared – all pain was gone!

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service.  The New International Version. 2011 (1 Ti 1:12).

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on Turning 65!

God is on the Move in Ghana!

Celebrating Easter Sunday in Grand Forks - The Journey to Healing